Friday, April 27, 2007

On this day

It's Friday again already and l am so glad that the weather has come through for us-no excuse not to get out gardening and finish the wall and driveway this weekend.
SUNSHINE OF THE MOMENT, artwork by Nikola Kitanovic Nikkolai

Below is a Wikipedia MeMe- l was tagged by Betty over at Country Charm Sat. April 14th- l'm just finally getting around to it, oops.

Go to Wikipedia and type in the month and day you were born. (For me—Oct 15).

1. List three events that occurred that day:
A. 1987 - The Great Storm of 1987 hits France and England.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I remember that storm well but perhaps my husband even better who was living in Devon at the time. He was teaching a primary classroom (37 kids!) when the roof above them blew off. Hubby had to decide whether to stay put or lead the children through the storm to the main building- he got them all out safely, all holding hands together - in my eyes - a real hero!!

B. 1997 - The first supersonic land speed record is set by Andy Green in ThrustSSC (United Kingdom).

C. And just for Connie- 1951 - Television sitcom I Love Lucy premieres.


2. List two important birthdays:
A. 1948 - Chris de Burgh, Irish singer and songwriter- who can forget The Lady in Red?

B. 1959 - Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York


3. List one death:


4. Tag five friends to do the same: (ONLY If they want to!)

A. Sigrun over at Hillside garden

B. Claire at Claire’s garden

C. Bob - Gardener to the big house

D. Margaret over at Margaret’s memoirs

E. Alice at A growing delight

6 comments:

PEA said...

Lady in Red...ahhh memories:-) I still love to listen to that song!! Glad to hear the weather will be cooperating for you this weekend although it will mean you will be very busy! Loved your meme answers...gosh, that certainly was quite the storm!! Your hubby certainly is a hero for getting all these children to safety after the room blew off the building! xoxo

smileymamaT said...

well I think I may do that MeMe thing next post....I just went back to look at your photos from 2000, what great memories! It's so neat also to watch your driveway coming along...we will be starting back up on the porch in a few weeks (sev. months ago I showed the teardown and framing)..looking forward to sitting on it soon!

clairesgarden said...

meme done! interesting tag!

susan said...

Nothing as heavy as relaying a driveway, but I've been to the garden centre today - Oooops, costly!

So I'll be gardening tomorrow!

though my front garden should look better and I'll have lovely hanging baskets too.

Tea & Margaritas in My Garden said...

I Love Lucy was such a great show! Enjoyed reading from your diary about your husband asking you to marry him and what lovely family pictures!

tea
xo

Carmen in California said...

I am assuming you are still very busy, I wanted to get an update, I will be back tomorrow. Keep enjoying life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...