Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday!!

Somewhere in deepest, darkest Scotland there is a woman pushing a shopping trolley with a mind of its own - when she steers left it goes right and so forth. She's getting the shopping in for the weekend feeling a bit frazzled to say the least - fighting her way down busy aisles where people want to stop and blether for at least ten minutes or so. It's the only shopping place for miles around - a social hub.

She wrestles her jacket off and tucks it over the handle while checking the shopping list – mindful always of the fact that people behind are watching and waiting for her to move on too. It all moves in a slow procession and the heat in the place is unbearable.

Finally she reaches the drinks aisle at the far end, tempted now to buy more than usual given the fact that she is parched. Trolleys clink their way past each other heading for the checkouts.


Perhaps the supermarket should play some music in an upbeat tempo- would keep everyone moving along :)

Happy weekend folks.




2 comments:

HLiza said...

OMG you came back..and how did that granddaughter come by? LOL..I thought we've lost you in blogworld..and now you're back a grandma! Woo-hoo..welcome back dear, glad life sounds good to you!

Merle said...

Dear Sarah ~~ Some of those trolleys are very difficult and try our patience.
Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed the Scottish jokeand the picture of some of my family.
I am so blessed with my kids, 3 are adopted and we love each other just the same. They take me places and visit etc. They are all dear to me.
Thanks for thinking of me, my friend.I thought of you on your birthday, but thought you had gone for good. I hope your sad times were not too sad. Take care, Love, Merle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...