Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter Rambo

Yesterday wee S came home from school with a note that read, “Easter bonnets tomorrow please.”. Given that l was in the midst of cooking dinner and that Scout club was at six l had to use what was available – certainly no time for shopping!
So l hunted around the house opening cupboards, junk drawers and scarf boxes (in a blind panic) as you do. I found an old black cap that wouldn’t be missed and some plastic coloured eggs. I stood there looking at these and then it occurred to me -why not make a nest!
I was a woman on a mission as l went up the back garden with the secateurs. After a bit of glue gunning and burning myself lots l thought it looked pretty good, that was….. until l walked into S’s class this morning and saw what the other kids were wearing. I need some scary music now.
The classroom was festooned with ribbons, chicks and eggs - the colours yellow and pink were prevalent everywhere!
My heart sank for here was my wee lad looking like something out of Universal Soldier – what was l thinking!! Poor wee S, will he ever forgive me?

Below: wee S standing with head down. Oh dear.

I think some of us are just born to be different!

UPDATE: Just in from the school pick up and my little 'soldier of fortune' is fine.

7 comments:

auntpearl said...

You are such a good mom. I think your idea was very imaginative.

So sorry I haven't been by to visit. I have been trying to get back to normal after being sick.

So looking forward to Spring.

Take good care of yourself. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter.

Hugs,

Jeanette said...

Hi Horizon. Hope you all have a wonderful easter,and the Easter bunny is good to you all.

Susie said...

You are so creative! Why have him look exactly like everyone else? He'll remember that hat long after the bunnies and chicks have been forgotten.
Happy Easter!
xoxo

clairesgarden said...

I love the bonnet!!
happy easter to you all there.

Kerri said...

That's the best and most creative Easter bonnet I've ever seen! You are such a clever girl. Wee Sam looks adorable in it too :)
I'm sure he's very proud of his mum.
Enjoy your garden as much as you can! Our turn will come over here in the frigid north! We do have sunshine today, which helps dispel the late winter blahs.
A very happy and blessed Easter to you and your loved ones.
xoxo

Betty said...

I like the creation....I bet the other little boys were envious.....

Hope you had a wonderful Easter....Betty

Lorraine said...

Bah! That's a wonderful bonnet and I think the wee one is very blessed to have you for his mum.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...