Monday, March 28, 2011

All mixed up

For the longest time l've been ogling this mixer called the Kitchenaid. It has a really stylish retro design and you can even colour co-ordinate!

I have no doubt that it would accent my kitchen beautifully as you can see from the picture but.. LOOK at the price - around £400!!!

I've had a small hand mixer for ages and it's done really well, that was... until last week. It broke down with all the 'thumps, bangs and whistles' you can imagine- quite frightening really. I blame it on my son(22ys) who was using it at the time and didn't seem to notice the smoke billowing around him – he's an engineer for goodness sake!!! He blamed it on the ingredients l was using, hmm - cheeky boy. No more Brownies for him!

Anyway, here l am now – mixerless and torn because l can't justify spending that amount of money on a kitchen gadget - however nice it might be. I keep thinking, "that could buy me a new petrol mower!" Arghh!

And what if l did buy it and my 'so called' ingredients blew it up! 'Adventures of the runaway whisk' - now that would make for an interesting story.

Night all. I'm away for some sleep.

7 comments:

Rob said...

Go on spoil yourself, I bet you deserve it!

Rob said...

Well I wonder if you came to a decision after a night’s sleep? I hope you took in to account that it has 'Direct Drive' which means it is Silent, reliable and long lasting - a bit like me really lol! After looking at the info I want one, I'm sure a machine like that would make great beans on toast - quite like the red colour myself.

HORIZON said...

Thanks Rob. :) I thought you would have gone for the mower! I like the points you made- 'silent, reliable and long lasting'- hmm- food for thought! Still contemplating ;)

Rob said...

Ah well you see I have a couple of good lawn mowers but I don't have anything to mix my compost with!!

HORIZON said...

What a fantastic idea-lol

Carole Burant said...

Well since you won't make him any more Brownies, can I have them instead???? lol I have a big mixer like the Kitchenaid and I love it, so much better than the small hand mixers. I say go ahead and buy it, you need to spoil yourself once in a while:-) xoxo

Betty said...

I have a large mixer, a Sunbeam American Classic...it isn't red and didn't cost near that much but has really been serviceable for many years.

I'll wager that you are a fantastic cook and anything you put on the table is fantastic.

Blessings...Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...