Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Woman Of The House

I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather today, not because it’s been pouring down outside but because l have a recurring bout of Tonsillitis- ironically just after have told a blogger friend that l was feeling much better. Never finished my course of Penicillin properly ~ am feeling angry with myself as l am forever telling the kids to take the whole course! Anyway went to the Doc’s yesterday and am back on track.
Spent the morning clearing up my Mac Desktop ~ what a mess! So now all files have been organized, much to trash and a few CD’s burned too- good.
While doing this l have been listening to a U.S. Celtic quartet ‘Cherish the Ladies’ ~ wonderful CD with guests various. Sound sample here – you need to scroll down to Track Listing. Number 4 is of Kate Rusby singing ‘Bogie’s Bonnie Belle’ ~ another favourite song of mine – for me the most touching of all the Scottish Bothy ballads.
A traditional Scottish folk singer and songwriter l enjoy listening to is Dougie MacLean –a Dunkeld based singer. He is the composer of ‘Caledonia’ – the song that has become an anthem for Scots worldwide. The location on his music video, HERE is near to where l live – takes a wee minute to load.
Anyway this afternoon after Sam was in nursery l headed over to my Mum’s for a bit of TLC. Mum took one look at me and sent me up to bed for a rest ~ even made me some food. How come it never tastes this good when l make it? Thanks Mum.

11 comments:

Hawkeye The Noo said...

I always thought Caledonia should be our national anthem, fantastic song. If we break away from the union of GB I would love to see the origional flag of Caledonia, a black boars head on a blue background. So am I Scottish, Caledonian, Dalriadan or Albanach???

Hawkeye The Noo said...

That good looking woman is your mum and I thought it was just another of your sisters.

TJ said...

So sorry to hear you've been under the weather again! Get better real soon now ya hear??
I listened to the little sample of Celtic music...I just loved it by the way as I always have loved anything like that...On the Dougie MaClean thing...I was not able to load the slide show for some reason but the pictures were interesting...his great-great grandfather looks an awful lot like the Scots doc I worked for in Texas...his name was McManus...loved me he did...though he would not admit it!!!

Carole Burant said...

Awwwww, what are mom's for but to take care of us eh? Hope you're feeling better real soon! I loved listening to the song by Kate Rusby and I was especially interested in seeing the slideshow and listening to Dougie MacLean...how wonderful that he was able to find parts of his history!!

Grish said...

Sorry to hear your feeling under the weather. Get better soon!

Alice said...

I hope you'll soon be right as rain again. Tonsillitis is just the pits. Glad you Mum was there to give you some TLC. Have to get better before that gorgeous Jonah arrives.

HORIZON said...

Thank you all- nice to get such nice messages- and your right Alice- that wee man needs all of my attention! lol

Merle said...

Hello Horizon ~~ Like everyone else, I
hope you are soon feeling well again.
Hello to your Mum !! Glad you enjoyed the post. Take care, Merle.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Hello I just saw your comments over at Marions and thought I would stop by your blog. I live in Georgia USA and love to stop by and visit with Marion. You have a great site also. Sweet baby!! Hope you are feeling better now....Sandy

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Love the picture of your mum and the tiny tot...I hope you feel better really soon.

Kerri said...

Ah yes, that's what mums do best...TLC. Sweet picture of your mum with the dear little babe.
Do hope you're feeling better by now. Sounds nasty. Next time you'll finish the whole prescription like a good girl, right? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...